Saturday, December 6, 2008

OBF Week!


I was so completely blessed to have my home church, Oxford Bible Fellowship, and my family come to Monterrey for a week! The group was here for a week over Thanksgiving. It was so fun and refreshing for me to visit with people from home, hear all the news, and reconnect after being gone almost 4 months. During the week that OBF was here I had a few days off of school for our Thanskgiving break. I was able to serve with my church at a few of the children's homes. It was beautiful. Two of the many things we did that week were serve at a children's home called El Retiro Juvenil and in the Rio - one of my favorite places. ERJ is a casa hogar that OBF has had a relationship with for the past 7 to 8 years. I have been blessed to get to know the directors there, Martha and Carlos. They are some of my favorite people. It was great to see them and introduce them to the rest of my family. I also got to go with my church to serve in a soup kitchen in the Rio. It was so much fun for me to introduce people from home to my friends here in Mexico. I felt so supported as my home church served along side B2B! Thanks to all of you who came and thanks to all of you who sent them :)


My little brother lending a hand at ERJ. My mom and Icela from ERJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment