Saturday, March 21, 2009

El Rodeo

Well, I just recently had my first experience at a Rodeo! Yee haw! I've never seen anything quite like a rodeo in Mexico... I mean we are talking there were cowboys, cowgirls, horses, bulls, and my favorite... bucking broncos!!! A B2B staff family, the Garcias, invited me to go with them to see their daughter compete. I had the time of my life! Here are the cowboys and cowgirls lined up and praying before the rodeo began... interesting! I guess this is what they do at every rodeo, kinda like how we sing the national anthem before our sporting events. I soon was praying for them too... bucking broncos can be rather dangerous! Take a look:


There were also some interesting events for the kids. Here is a boy racing a goat!!! Who would have thought....


My friend Cheque Garica and I watching the game... Luckily he let me borrow his hat. Before this I really did not fit in with the crowd at the rodeo. Everyone was dressed in plaid shirts, cowboy boots, hats, huge belt buckles... the B2B staff jacket was not quite cutting it :)


Most of the Garcia family, some of the teen girls from the Hope Program that live with the Garcias, and a visiting missionary friend from L.A.
We all ended up having a great rainy day at the rodeo! I was able to visit with the Garcia family as well as really connect with and council one of the teen girls living with them. This gal and I ended up having a really good conversation on the way to and from the rodeo. Who would have thought that a rodeo and counseling would go together!!! God is so creative!

No comments:

Post a Comment