Monday, September 1, 2008

Zucchini Bread



This past weekend I had a discussion with some of the Mexican teens here at B2B about Zucchini Bread. One of the guys got a chance to taste some Zucchini Bread while visiting the States. He brought some back to Monterrey and now it is the rage! I told Memo (orange shirt) and Jose Pablo (black shirt) that I would teach them how to make it. First off finding zucchini here in Mexico was hard. All of the veggies here that are like zucchini are called the same thing "calabaza."However "calabaza" could range from summer squash to a pumpkin! I finally found something that looked like a washed out version of Ohio zucchini to use for the bread. The boys and I had a great time cooking in my small kitchen. We made four beautiful loaves of bread to share with our neighbors. Even Jose Pablo, who was skeptical of bread made with "calabaza", said that it was very good :)








1 comment:

  1. Hope's famous zucchini bread traveling from Oxford to Fort Wayne to Mexico....

    ReplyDelete