Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pyramids, Wigwams, Tongues, and Nasal Passages…

The title of this blog might sound random, but to a teacher nothing is random! My students and I have been building all sorts of projects in our history and science units. I have had to be creative because I cannot find the same supplies as I could if I were in the states. Instead of building a Mayan pyramid out of sugar cubes, I had to improvise and we built it out of galletas (cookies)!!! My roommates have learned to never throw anything away that can be used for a science project!
Mayan pyramid made from cookies!

My 3rd graders working on a model of the human tongue.

A model of how our nose works made by my 4th, 5th, and 6th grade students.

Beautiful girls figuring our how to make a wigwam out of pipe cleaners.

No comments:

Post a Comment