Saturday, September 1, 2012

Banana Bread

During the month of July, Cheque and I had the opportunity to live in one of our Hope Program teen homes for a week with four teenage boys. Their house parents were on vacation so Cheque and I filled in. We had a great time with Lalo, Lalo Daniel, Angel, and Chuy! These are pictures from our banana bread baking day. We got a donation of very ripe bananas that could only serve for a good bread, so that is what I taught the boys to make!

Making banana bread!

Lalo wants to be a chef, so he stuck with me in the kitchen the whole time, very interested and very helpful. We made a triple batch of banana bread with all the bananas we received! Our afternoon turned out to be a great time of sharing testimonies. Lalo told me the incredible story of his life and how he ended up in our Hope Program. I story of amazing miracles and God's love.

Lalo mixing the batter 

Lalo, Lalo Daniel, and myself licking the bowls!

The finished product! We didn't have enough bread pans, so we make a banana bread cake :) 

Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment