Monday, May 9, 2011

Tere's Wedding

Here comes the bride! 
Cheque's sister Tere got married on April 30th in a small town called Pachuca near Mexico City. Tere has lived with her parents on the B2B campus for the past 3 years and worked as a social worker for B2B this past year. Tere and her husband Jorge will live near to Mexico city. I am so sad to see her leave, but very excited about her marriage! 

Cheque and I presenting the Bible to the bride and groom during the ceremony.
Cheque and I were "padrinos" of the Bible in Tere's wedding. Mexican wedding ceremonies include the presentation of several gifts by "padrinos". The couple is presented with a Bible, coins, lasso, and rings during the ceremony from special friends or couples they have chosen. The pastor then talks about the symbolism of each gift in the marriage. It was a great honor for Cheque and I to present the Bible to Tere and Jorge.

Cheque and I enjoying some strawberry smoothies at the reception.
The meal that was served. 

Mariachi's serenade the bride and groom
In a Mexican wedding it is traditional for a Mariachi band to come some time during the night to serenade the couple. There are several singers in the family so we heard selections from several guests that night. The most touching was by far when Antonio (Tere's dad) sang to his wife! Beautiful!

I caught the bouquet!
Guess who caught the bouquet???? I did!!! The first time in my life to do so! Cheque's family had a hay-day teasing us about when the next wedding might be :) 

The Garcia family and me. 

Hannah, Ruby, Jessica, and myself
Several friends from Monterrey traveled with us to the wedding. We had a great time sight seeing and living the experience together! Two of these ladies will be heading back to the States in the next few months. It was such a blessing to be able to spend some good time with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment