Monday, May 2, 2011

Suzanna

Suzanna Grace, 1 month old
Last week I spent some time with my family in Kansas City. My sister, Lydia, recently had a baby and it was soooo good to finally meet her! She is so cute :) 

Dad and Suzie
 Nearly my whole family made it out to Kansas City for the weekend. It was great to see them and to spend Easter together for the first time in 3 years. I miss my family so much, so it was a good dose of home to see them.
The uncles 
Suzie's first time in the front pack without crying! She likes her Aunt Hope!
 My family left after the weekend but I was able to stay for a few days longer to help my sister. We had full days of bouncing the baby, tidying the house, and even made it out to Target! Suzie is still getting to know and understand the world, so trips in the car are not her most favorite thing :)
Suzanna with her mom
 My sister and Tim do a phenomenal job caring for Suzanna. I was daily (and nightly) impressed with all that my sister does as a mom. Babies are a LOT of work and Lyd does not shy away.
Suzie's first tea party (she looks a little distraught in this picture, so we are hoping that she grows up to like tea!)
The morning before I left my sister and I decided to take Suzanna out for a walk. We ended up at a little tea shop and decided to sit down for lunch as Suzanna was fast asleep. My sister and I have grown up having tea parties and simply enjoying a good cup of tea and a muffin. This was christened as Suzanna's first tea! After about 15 min she woke up, started screaming, blew out her diaper, and we took the tea to go :)... Suzanna's first tea wasn't much of a success, although Lyd and I did laugh a lot! ...we are hoping that she will grow into liking tea parties with her mom and aunt :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment