Sunday, April 12, 2009

Spring Break

Lyd and I at one of my favorite places.... Saltana (ice cream shop!!!)
Spring break.... what a glorious week! God knows just what we need right when we need it, amen? I needed a rest from school like a fish needs water. This week was amazing for me to rest, relax, spend time with Jesus, and see my sister!
Lydia came to visit for the first part of the week. It was so great to have her here and to show her all the people and places that have come to mean so much to me. We had a packed five days of hiking, shopping, visiting children's homes, trying Mexican food, hanging out with kids, going on picnics, and eating ice cream! Her visit refreshed my heart and gave me the taste of home that I was missing :) We had a ton of fun and I was sad to see her go. Lyd, the mighty mountain climbing woman!!
Picnic with friends
Lyd with kids from Casa Hogar Imperio de Amor
The rest of the week I spent planning for the rest of the school year (only 7 more weeks!!), resting, and hanging out with some fun girls from Casa Hogar Douglass. Tere and Monica are sisters who have been at Douglass since they were very small. While many kids have relatives that might pick them up for the week, Monica and Tere have no one. My roommates and I had the girls over for several days in a row during spring break. We swam, had pizza, watched High School Musical 3, and played for hours. It blessed me so much to see these girls having the time of their lives! All in all , a great week. Monica, Lola, Caroline, Tere having dessert!

No comments:

Post a Comment