Monday, April 13, 2009

Here for Another Year!


Many of you have been praying for me to know the next step that God has for me in this life. Thank you! After much prayer and counsel I have decided to extend my stay with B2B in Mexico and am going to be here another year!!!! I am so excited!

This first year in Monterrey has been amazing... difficult as well, but just where God wanted me. I have learned so much about myself and about the amazing love of Jesus during this year. I have grown in my teaching skills and built many wonderful relationships with Americans and Mexicans alike. I am very excited to say that I will continue to live and minister here next year.

Next year will look quite a bit different for me than this year has looked. I will not be the full time teacher at SMCA next year, but will be teaching part time. After an honest look at my life, my heart, and the desires God has given me I have realized that I need and want to be involved even more in the lives of the Mexicans. I am feeling the call to spend more time in the impoverished neighborhoods of Monterrey, with the teen girls on our campus, and with the children in the casa hogars. So, next year I will be teaching only science and social studies (for 3rd through 7th grades) at SMCA. These are my favorite subjects so I feel so honored to be able to teach these to the same awesome group of students I had this year. The rest of my time will be spent working in various ways with the Mexican children here.

I am SUPER excited to be in Mexico again next year and can't wait to see what else God has up his sleeve!


Please keep praying for me! Here are a few specific ways to pray:


- Pray for clear direction from the Lord as I plan what I am going to be involved with next year.

- Pray for me as I am searching for a language intensive program to complete this summer to help kick my Spanish into gear.

- Pray for the support I need for another year here in Monterrey!

No comments:

Post a Comment