Sunday, February 1, 2009

SMCA Wax Museum

To wrap up our unit on the Revolutionary War my class put on a Wax Museum for everyone living on our campus. Each student researched a famous Revolutionary War hero, wrote a report about him/her and recorded themselves reading it. Each student then came up with a costume and background for their exhibit in the museum. We had "guided tours" through the museum. Parents came in, listened to the recording, and admired the exhibits. My students did so well holding so still!!! I have to say that I was super impressed with how much time and effort the kids put into our museum. The parents were super impressed as well! This was a huge undertaking for me, but well worth it to see the kids having fun learning about history! My hope is that this wax museum will stick in their memories forever!

Benjamin Franklin

Paul Revere

George Washington

General Charles Cornwallis

Molly Pitcher

Patrick Henry


Thomas Jefferson


A look at our museum setup

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting these pictures years ago!! My daughter wants to be Molly Pitcher for the school wax museum. You don't happen to remember what your former student used to make that cannon? It's perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete