Saturday, October 4, 2008

Casa Hogars

Last week I had some time off from teaching and was able to visit some of the new Children's Homes (Casa Hogars) that Back2Back works with. Most of these children are not "true" orphans in the sense that both their parents are deceased. Rather, most of the children in the Casa Hogars in Mexico have a parent or relative who is still living but unable to care for them. Many of these children live with a promise from their parent that they will come back for them, but soon find that that promise is empty.
Two sweet girls from Empirio de Amor

I love the opportunities that I get to go to the children's homes and minister some of the Father's love to the kids there. One Casa Hogar I went to last week has over 50 children in it. I have never seen kids so starved for attention in my life! There were children I had never met hugging me, kissing me, and just wanting to be near me. Obviously when you have 50 kids and few workers it is hard for each child to get the individual attention that he needs. Please be praying for these kids at Empirio de Amor!
Me and some friends at Empirio!

1 comment:

  1. Hope, this is precious! I will be praying for the children here. It really makes me put things into perspective - I've grown up so fortunate, and there are so many unfortunate people out there... I really do take my everyday life, and life experiences for granted.

    Thank you for sharing your heart, and for sharing the ways that God has been using you.

    Much love to you from the mitten-state!! :)

    ReplyDelete