Monday, February 21, 2011

My 25th Birthday!

On February 2nd, I turned 25!!!! A quarter of a century can seem daunting :) However it was a surprised filled day that I had the privileged of celebrating with some of the people I love most. 

This is Cathy Huffer. She is a wonderful friend, neighbor, and co-worker and can makes everyone around her feel very special! She came to my house in the morning to drop off homemade blueberry muffins and fresh squeezed orange juice for a birthday breakfast.... what a GREAT birthday gift from a great person!

I had a meeting to go to in the morning, but when I arrived back at my house I was greeted by this beautiful bouquet of flowers and a hand-painted card from Cheque sitting on my counter. Gotta love that guy :)

Later in the afternoon Cheque and I went out for lunch at IHOP. This was a big treat for me because I LOVE breakfast food and I love everything on the menu at IHOP! The only problem was then deciding what to order...I'll be honest and say I labored of the decision for 20 min. God bless my patient boyfriend! After lunch we decided to go bowling to celebrate.. neither of us have done any kind of bowling (except on the neighbor's wii) for years... we were both pretty bad, which made it really fun. Why is wii bowling so much easier than real bowling?

Yes, I ate out again that night! It was great! This time I was treated to an Italian meal by the B2B ladies. Here are a few that went out. After the meal all the waiters came out from the back singing, clapping, and bringing me a plate of cake! It was fun, and a bit embarrassing to have so much attention focused on me!

Later that night, Cheque came over with a birthday present. He had designed and made me an earring holder, however it is pretty much the coolest earring holder I have ever seen. I really like earrings and have many so I have been needing something like this for awhile. Never in my life did I guess that it would look this cool! That's Cheque for you. I have it hanging up in my bathroom and love using it everyday! It is pretty much a piece of artwork that I get to hang my earrings on. I'm obsessed. I love dating an artist! 

So that was my 25th birthday! It was great and I felt very loved. Thanks friends. 

1 comment: