Friday, June 11, 2010

Snake Toys

If anyone out there thinks life is dull, you need to move here! There is always something new to experience. One day, a few weeks ago, we had finished up at the soup kitchen and I was talking with some ladies when I noticed a commotion outside. This is what I saw....



Yup. That's a snake ... it was dead, but still really big! Someone had found and killed it and was now showing it off. The kids were all touching it and holding it. For my one little buddy, Jesus, (the boy in the picture) he had found a new play thing. He toted that dead snake around for the next hour playing with it, petting it, holding it. I asked Cheque if that wasn't kinda strange to do... I mean, play with a dead snake? Cheque reminded me that these kids hardly ever get new toys. They are used to being creative and playing with whatever they can find... this was a perfect example. As for Jesus, he was perfectly content :) To end the story, later Milagros (the girl the the first picture) told me that they might go home and fry the snake up for dinner... I guess that is one way to be resourceful :)

No comments:

Post a Comment