Thursday, September 10, 2009

Back to Back2Back!

Whew! I'm back in Monterrey! After a month of a Spanish language intensive it felt great to get back to Monterrey and a little more English! I have been spending many hours these past few weeks getting SMCA ready for classes. We started school this past Monday and it is hard to believe that we have almost completed our first week. This year I am teaching only one day a week. I teach 4th and 7th grade social studies and Science . I do a 3 hour history block in the morning, break for lunch, and then a 2 hour Science block in the afternoon. I love it!
Jessica, the new teacher, has moved into my apartment with me and my other roommate, Becca. Jessica is teaching language, reading, math, and writing to the 4th and 7th graders. It has been great to get to know Jessica! She is a wonderful addition to SMCA!
Because I am only teaching one day a week I am able to spend more time in other areas of the B2B ministry. I will be helping to lead groups out to the Rio community on outreaches! I love that place! Since being back in Monterrey I have been out to the Rio only a few times. I am hoping now that school has started and we are getting into the groove, I will have more time to spend building relationships in the Rio. Please keep me in your prayers. This year is going to look very different than last year. I am still adjusting to my new schedule and work load. Please continue to pray for more of the Lord's heart for the people we minister to, as well as for more of His vision and wisdom.

Thanks for all your prayers and support! I couldn't be here without you! May the Lord continue to bless you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment