Friday, August 29, 2008

Yummy tuna!

Tuna, tuna, tuna... that's what these little critters are called! Tunas are the fruit of a cactus plant. They sell them in the grocery store here right next to the cucumbers and tomatoes... I picked one up at the store to try and realized that I had no idea how to eat them or which part you were supposed to eat. Some of the Mexican teens here were quick to help and we had a tuna eating party!!! Tunas are filled with seeds that you simply swallow. The best way I can describe the taste is like that of a mild kiwi... really not too bad :) It was a great bonding time with the teens and another exposure to Mexican culture!... the only bad part is that I am still pulling cacti spines out of my fingers...

Memo and me eating tunas... don't I look excited!






1 comment:

  1. Hope, it has been awesome reading this blog and getting updates on how you're doing. Know that I am daily praying for you as you get ready for the school year to start. He's got it all. ;)
    Love you, sis. :)

    ReplyDelete